PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Growing Evidence That The Upturn Is Upon Us
Old 16th Sep 2008, 12:40
G-SPOTs Lost

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GSB

I was lucky enough to be offered a job with NJE about three years ago, this is a very structured organisation. When I had the offer letter I was given a choice of 12 Indoc dates for the following 12 months. Indocs will be being run every month at NJE right up until the new year and thereafter, they have no doubt managed to delay/swap slots with some manufacturers

Having said that the aircraft are coming, with lead times of upto 6 years for some Gulfstream products (which NJE operate) thinking about the next three months up until christmas isn't really relevant.

There are people making a killing on Bizjet positions even now with some heavy iron making 7 figure premiums even now.

As I said on the other thread there will be work in GA/Corporate over the next three years but it will not suit the guy who just aspires to sit in the RHS of a Boeing at 200hrs who cannot afford to serve any kind of apprenticeship because of a huge millstone called a training debt. I can foresee the pre JAR days of min 1000 hours returning and a renaissance of the "instructor route". With these minimum hours you may find yourself in a Jetstream if you are very lucky......

SOme of these posts regarding finance are a little alarmist but one thing is for sure airliner recruitment for wannabees is dead in the water you need to adapt or take a non flying job its that simple