PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AIPA or AFAP FOR JETSTAR
View Single Post
Old 16th Sep 2008, 11:02
Keg

Nunc est bibendum

Received 11 Likes on 2 Posts
Thumbs down

Tell me Led, what sort of things arise that 2000 AIPA members vote on that would be binding or otherwise impact on J* pilots? The answer is 'none'. We don't vote on their EBA, they don't vote on ours. That actually currently occurs within Qantas at the moment with respect to the SH EBA I don't get a vote on it, they don't get to vote on the LH EBA.

However, I do recall an AIPA president trying that line on years ago when representation of J* (and regionals) was being pushed hard by the rank and file. He tried the line on that we didn't want to hook up in case the other groups had a disagreement with their management that we didn't want to be dragged in to. I asked at the time how that was any different to the SH EBA.

The comment by the AIPA president was wrong then and it's wrong now. All it serves is to keep the pilot groups suspicious of each other.

So why are you so desperate to keep the pilot groups from working together? It's a question you've been asked a few times and not once have you answered. I won't hold my breath this time.