PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Singaporean self-sponsored CPL holders - where are you?
Old 16th Sep 2008, 09:32
Sonic69

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Modular CPL - Australia

Let's look at 1 way of getting a CPL ME/IR fATPL in a modular fashion. (I feel compelled to share this only because I feel I can help a few young wannabes make a more informed decision).

Disclaimer: Please do not reply to this post as to whether you agree or disagree this should be the way to go. I am not interested. I propose this as a hypothetical course of action. Also, do NOT tell me that CASA CPL is not recognised by CAAS. There are other airlines besides Singapore carriers that very much accept the CASA licence.

1. Apply to CASA for your ARN (Aviation Reference Number. Your Australian aviation IC number lah!) Free. Download form on CASA website.
2. Get your CASA Class 1 Medical done. Medora Clinic, 115 Upper Paya Lebar Road. If you don't pass, no need to talk anymore. You CANNOT be a professional pilot.
3. Self study for your theory exams. There is no requirement for groundschool. Look at CASA website for more info. DO NOT PM ME! Don't be so lazy.
4. Save up for your first trip to Perth to complete your PPL within 2 months fulltime. No visa required.
5. Come back and build your hours in Malaysia until you're close to 200hrs. All the time working and saving money to feed your flying addiction. While building hours, study for 7 CPL papers.
6. When you have enough money again, go to Perth and complete the CPL exams, some flying training and check ride.
7. If have enough money, complete ME/IR at same time. If not, another time.
8. Self study 7 ATPL subjects. Take exams.
9. Bombard the airlines with your resume every 2 months. One day, they may just call you for an interview.
10. Fly in the right seat of an airliner.