PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Forced unpaid leave at ryanair
View Single Post
Old 16th Sep 2008, 09:17
Callsign Kilo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I wouldn't be suprised that measures like these will be unique to the likes of FR in the coming weeks/months. Winter has always been a particularly lean time for many operators, however recent occurences will mean that this winter becomes a quest for survival for many. You can see what some airlines are doing by just visiting a few of their websites "Summer Sale 2009"
"Pay no taxes or charges" It smacks of an effort in attempting to get money into the bank ASAP.

No one likes to be told that they face unpaid leave, however this will have been nothing new to pilots at both DUB and STN as capacity cuts have been on the cards for quite a while now. As a result the company has asked people to volunteer for a month off. Contractors have had no choice, as this is part and parcel of their contract. I sympathise with everyone in these difficult times, especially my piers in the likes of XL, Zoom, Silverjet and Futura who no longer have their jobs to go to. Unfortunately these guys were offered no alternative, and while I reiterate that the possibility of unpaid leave is hardly favorable, at least it doesn't have a P45 attached to it.

Last edited by Callsign Kilo; 16th Sep 2008 at 09:32.