PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Collective Colour Vision Thread 3
View Single Post
Old 15th Sep 2008, 14:12
2close

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
No, he's not. The official word from his PS at Clarence House is that he is NOT CVD.

Somewhat contradictory to the statement on the The Royalist website and in many other media articles.

The Royalist - Colour Blindness Robs William of His Army Dream

This article also identifies that he may have undergone Laser Surgery - another absolute No-No in professional flying (in the UK at least).

Look, good luck to HRH - I personally wish him all the best and I sincerely hope he has a great career.

However, I do not believe the official word. I think this is a genuine case of goalpost shifting on the part of the civil servants / MOD. Let's face facts, there was always going to be one rule for one and another rule for the others. Could you honestly ever imagine any of our civil servants ever refusing HRH his desire to fly operationally or even professionally in civvy street?

Best get David Icke on the case. Maybe there's something in the royal DNA which can alter CVD genes.

Poof - bang goes me knighthood!! At least I won't have to keep checking the honours lists twice a year from now on.