PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Arrogant posters
View Single Post
Old 14th Sep 2008, 02:25
Final 3 Greens

This is indeed the bunker mentallity.

For example, I say....

Recently, as you know from these boards, there was a serious incident caused by pax thinking their aircraft was on fire and attemptiong to enter the flight deck during the take off roll - this is completely unacceptable behaviour
Guppy replies

You appear to suggest that such behavior from a passenger is in any way acceptable or tolerable, or even justifiable because the crew didn't take time to give them a ground school on cloud physics.
Nothing like completely ignoring a point made in debate.

Then he completely misses the point of the Palma incident (through ignorance of it) and replies about shockwaves forming over the wings, when I ask him to clarify what he means, as I cannot believe that he is so uninformed as to miss the point of my comment, he gives a smart answer that I should seek flight instruction.

Guppy also thinks
then perhaps they ought to be shot in the back of the head by an air marshall for posing a threat to safety of flight
I think that last statement is probably pretty insightful

Sadly, Guppy is postulating that gunplay is the panacea, instead of accepting that a quick PA from the crew, on demand, would increase flight safety.

So, I will end my comments on this thread, as Guppy obviously suffers from highly selective readiing skills and maybe a god complex and there is little point trying to reason with him.

Last edited by Final 3 Greens; 14th Sep 2008 at 03:13.