PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What are all the pilots from the failed airlines doing?
Old 13th Sep 2008, 23:35
Bolter152

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi jetjockey737,

Funny to read your comment here, I can't find the post or thread from yesterday..
As from the statement you made, I'm afraid I don't think you're right. It is hard to think of it, and quiet funny too but it is verry simple if you look at the numbers. To only thing that matters at the end of day, is how many profit after tax you made and for how many years you do that. I don't have the exact figures here with me but everytime again if I read in an article the numbers of the past quarter of Ryanair or Southwest and compare that with the numbers presented by BA or an American Airline for example, I just started to believe that Mr MoL might be right. It makes sense too if you think about it. Your cost structure is completely different compared with traditional airlines but you're trunover structure too. At the end you have an absolute higher profit then others, that's beauty of it. It is so simple that it is almost impossible to believe it.

That's why I also think that LCCs get too little respect for what they are (trying) to do. As for us, pilots or future pilots, we have to start by accepting that without complaining, this is a certain evolution and that has been part of life for centuries.

Have a nice night