PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Rotorheads Around the World (incl 'Views from the Cockpit')
Old 13th Sep 2008, 20:44
Thud_and_Blunder

Received 90 Likes on 36 Posts
bb in ca,

I'd already taken the Air Amb in - the 2 paramedics in red are the crew (ie the real workers) of the heli I fly. After 2 attempts to land nearby I'd put our a/c down at the top of a slope about 200m away from, and above, the casualty. On walking back down and assessing the area I considered it too hazardous to reposition the Air Amb (slope, surface and surrounds all sub-optimum), so we confirmed to Amb Control what we'd suggested to them earlier - the task was best suited to the SAR aircraft. That could be the something obvious you were missing, eh?

ecureilx,

You'll see that the pics are taken from a height level with or slightly above the SQ. I was standing (keeping any other walkers clear, if required) at the top of the path, which itself ran up the valley over which the proceedings took place. The high ground to the left (out of shot) is higher than the Queenie, the high ground in her 2 o'clock is also higher; they had a clear escape route into wind in their 12 o'clock.