PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jet2 - 3
Thread: Jet2 - 3
View Single Post
Old 13th Sep 2008, 19:07

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
EI-BUD

Now as much as i knw theres a rivalry between Jet2-Flyglobespan i wouldn't want to see Jet2 go under.

Flyglobespan is strong becuase it has plenty of money in the bank becuase of the Globespan Group as a hole, and has loads of 90-95% on European and Long-haul. I mean they made a 13m loss last year and acording to the Chairman Tom Dalrymyple it was nothing.

Jet2 has a very stronge base at LBA and others over northern UK and being a very profitable buisness making a profit last year. Especially with charters and the Royal Mail contract just like GSM leasing a/c.

Unlike some airlines (Aer Lingus) opening bases at airports (Belfast) were there struggling to get good loads and aren't so stupid as to drop a route with great loads for one with lower e.g Shanon-Heathrow for Belfast-heathrow.

Plus your seriously saying if Aer lingus became part of Ryanair it would be a good thing come on ML would have most routes droped and find an airport in the middle of Texas and pull it off as Los Angeles. Also you think it would stay Aer Lingus, somehow doubt it, ML says one thing and does another and before you know it, oh its Ryanair Atlantic.