PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RVSM Africa
Thread: RVSM Africa
View Single Post
Old 13th Sep 2008, 08:22
rags

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Training

ZENJ

Training docs are difficult to come by as dedicateed documents for RVSM today (Meaning RVSM worldwide) in not available as a single doc. There are several docs available (Just Google RVSM and hope you have enough time) The best single doc is on the web by the NATRACKS) This doc is dedicated to the North Atlantic Track. They started RVSM etc. Get it from the web. Eurocontroll and FAA have some docs as well, but they are read with thge NATRACKS doc
( Some ppruner can pleas give some ref to the sites)

My bigest proble is basicaly the overflight of the DRC and Angola. The HF in these FIR's are realy a hit and mis. Did Lagos Yomeo the other day and from Douala to Entebe airspace we had minimal contact except 126.0

I agree with some contributer the the TRA will not be a problem. Not to woried about SADEC The VHF coms in these FIR's is reasonable (unless you prove me wrong, havent been there lately)

I am glad I will not be airborn in the transition time and certainly will recomend to the boss not to be. Simpathy to all those big 2, 2 and 4 holers during that night.

Spoke to Aero in Nigeria and the are ready (to be expected from a good airline). Assume Arik and Virgin will be as wel but for the rest ............(politicaly correct No Cement)

I fully agrre with the statement to offset track. Modern nav systems are to damm acurate for comfort in Indian country. Thanks heavens for TCAS (Hopefully not to many aircfart will operate incognito as I am worried about those IL 76 etc from the old eastern block although we must garant them some credit THEY HAVE IMPROVED A HELL OF A LOT)

I started this tread and I am pleased about the reaction Shows that there are a lot of concern out there.