PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pilots on PPRuNe
View Single Post
Old 12th Sep 2008, 22:47
Lossie23

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pilots on PPRuNe

Hi all,

I think it would be good if there was some way of identifying who on here is actually a pilot, I suggest in the box with a person's user name. I log on to PPRuNe to see the views of pilots as I want to read informed comment on subjects. Increasingly it seems that there is a lot of rubbish talked on here by people who obviously haven't got a clue and are not pilots. I don't mind non-pilots posting (indeed I am not a pilot), but when looking through 4 pages of comments if there was some way of knowing who is actually a pilot then it would be easier to see who is worth reading. I know a lot of very knowledgeable people in aviation that are not pilots, but I can read their thoughts on a lot of other forums. On here I'm interested in pilots views. All it would need would be a * or sign against a user name for example. I know this relies on people being honest and some people will lie, but the majority will be honest. As I said I'm not a pilot, have never wanted to be a pilot but still love aviation. Comments welcome and moderators over to you. Before the mud flies I will be up front, yes I am an aviation journalist, but the above is not for work purposes. I was into aviation long before being paid for it and I am just interested to hear informed opinion from a purely personal interest point of view.

Cheers

Dino