PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Maun 2008-2009 season
View Single Post
Old 12th Sep 2008, 16:07
alexace

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anyone for a Maun adventure?

Hi,

Great info on this thread which I have just found after doing the research myself. What I have found through speaking to some who have worked there, a couple of CFIs there and the internet links in with what is posted here which is a bonus.

I am heading down to Maun in mid Oct to bang on some doors and get chatting to some CFIs so feel free to get in touch if you are going at a similar time.

I have been told to turn up in the pub on fridays and find some pilots to talk to about it all. Its a small place and everyone knows everyone else and the hub of it all seems to be in the pub, not sure which one but will find out.

I was told to get a police certificate which I have done, £10. The only other thing that I haven't read here that might be useful is that it is best advised not to have a one way ticket into Botswana as this comes with a lot of questions. Maybe they think you are a journalist looking to get into Zimbabwe or something?

I have never even been to Africa but I am just going to do it, buy the ticket and bite the bullet.