PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Arrogant posters
View Single Post
Old 12th Sep 2008, 08:28
TightSlot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SNS3Guppy - Nobody else has said it, so I will - an excellent post back there and one that I shall treasure and keep up my sleeve for the next time somebody posts about why they don't need to watch the briefing because they are so experienced (I'm afraid it is a point of view that is regularly expressed).

From sad experience, I can tell you that you are flogging a dead horse. Some people (thankfully a minority) simply refuse to accept the facts, even in the face of logic and experience. They will never change. Engaging in discussion on the subject will involve you in a frustrating exchange where anecdotal evidence is presented as factual by those who consider themselves self-appointed experts. Save yourself the pain - with a minority, you have to accept that you won't win.

I'll leave this thread running for a while - it is likely to disintegrate further from an opening post that was, frankly, never likely to promote serious discussion. For those of you that do "Get It" - please see HERE for my favorite youtube on the subject.