PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Arrogant posters
View Single Post
Old 12th Sep 2008, 04:57
Final 3 Greens

Yellowdog

I think that you miss my point completely.

It is about how the airlines over the years have dressed and presented cabin crew and also how the cabin service differentiates one airline from another.

When industry posters say that crew are their for safety ONLY, this is clearly not the way the airlines wish the pax to see it, although I say again that I know the crew are trained to respond and deal with emergencies - the evacuation of BA038 reflects great credit on the BA crew.

Let me ask you this question, who would the average pax rather fly with on a transatlantic, given prices are similar (as that probbly drives most purchasing decisions)

- United, without food

- another airline, with food included

Is providing food a safety or comfort function?

I am assuming here that the cabin crew will be equally well trained at the safety aspect of their role.

Do I travel on your flights? Maybe, that depends who your employer is.

You'll recognise me if you do, as I am the quiet middle aged guy in business class who listens carefully to the briefing, very rarely asks you for anything, is polite and pleasant and spends most of the flight reading or using a laptop (in accordance with the airline rules), from which you may deduce I do not much care what age, sex, height/weight etc the crew are.

It was another poster who said he liked looking at the crew, not me