PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Arrogant posters
View Single Post
Old 11th Sep 2008, 16:42
anotherglassofwine

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rainboe has hit the nail on the head way back in post 42.

I've been a frequent visitor to this site the past 5 years. Everytime I have had a question it has been answered politely and in all cases by the appropriately qualified people.
I do think a lot of the issues mentioned in these threads are related to the rumours and news forum. I have never and probably will never post in an accident thread. I'm not qualified to throw my opinion in there. I frequently read these threads and can completely understand why some of the pros get annoyed and short with posts. Of all the industrys out there, it appears aviation has the most wannabes/so called experts/armchair quarterbacks of them all. I'm not sure why this is. The danger here is that pprune is often quoted in the media - and some of the posters haven't a clue what they are talking about. Furthermore, it appears to me that most newbies don't bother using the search before posting.. I think i've seen that dog barking in the a320 thread about 100 times!
The point is, this site was setup for Professional pilots and we as pax are indeed very lucky to have access to such a resource. We are being accomodated and I for one am grateful for that.
So if there is the odd tetchy reply - in most cases I think you will find it is warranted.
In my student days I had the pleasure of cleaning Aer Lingus aircraft during the summer holidays. Believe me, once you've cleaned a Futura charter in from gran Canaria, you get a good sense of what Cabin Crew have to deal with day in day out. After a saturday night shift in Dub I lregularly left the ramp thinking all pax were filthy lowlife scum!
Give the good folks a break - forums are a healthy way to let off a bit of steam.

AGOW