PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Maun 2008-2009 season
View Single Post
Old 11th Sep 2008, 12:12
waiterpilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dupre: I think I can speak for everybody when I say thankyou for all your replies and allowing us to drink from your vast font of wisdom (and I am sure everyone would say exactly that phrase). I certainly hope I haven't inadvertently advertised Maun too much with this thread! Don't want all THAT much competition!

Move along folks nothing to see here.....

I still can't get my head round imagining the part where you step off the flight from Jo'burg at Maun, and everyone else heads off with their tourguides in the arrivals hall and you are left in solitude wondering what the hell to do now!

DannyTanner: I know exactly how you feel with the whole cripple-royal-mail-by-sending-millions-of-CVs approach (and then recieving one letter back telling you to bugger off) and that is exactly why I'm looking to go to Maun instead - I want to fly!

The aircraft flown are mainly single engine piston six seater (including pilot) aircraft. Bit different to your Embraer, since you are the only pilot, and steward, baggage handler, gate agent etc. and the only toilets on board are the water bottles (especially challenging if you are a lady). Inflight entertainment for Mack Air is a book of Gary Larson cartoons apparently. As Dupre said you start on the Cessna 206, and then after maybe a year you can transfer onto something different and bigger like the Caravan.

Still don't know whether to do it but I have to say this thread is pushing me further and further in that direction! I guess all you that have done it would recommend it?