PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Maun 2008-2009 season
View Single Post
Old 11th Sep 2008, 11:33
Dupre

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Oh for a physical address Unfortunately Maun has very few road names, and even fewer house numbers. There is no postal delivery service either. Hence the only addresses you'll find will be Private Bag numbers – even though no-one lives in a bag

The furthest operator is about a 5 minute walk from the airport terminal. Most people (myself included) get around by taxi/combi - very cheap and cheerful... if crampt sometimes You can buy a car if you have $$$$$$ but even rust buckets aren’t cheap. Not sure I’d cycle – extreme heat and maniac drivers tend to put me off!

I’m told the hiring season used to be quite distinct from January to March. But to be honest I don’t see a hiring season at the moment. Sefo are still hiring, and it’s the middle of the peak season. There is much less competition for jobs than there used to be – used to have 60 pilots waiting round for 10 jobs a few years ago, but that isn’t happening now. If you’re a good candidate and you hit it at the right time, 6 days is do-able . I’ve seen it done several times. If you’re a bad candidate (i.e. a complete numpty) or just happen to arrive immediately after a whole bunch of guys have been hired, you can expect to wait a bit.