PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cheap Place for MCC?
View Single Post
Old 11th Sep 2008, 09:41
potkettleblack

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Why tell them? Sure don't lie if you are asked a direct question but if it was me starting out again I sure as hell won't be advertising the fact that I had a few hours in a sim prior to a sim ride. At the MCC course I attended the majority of us got sim rides as a result of having completed a certain course so it was well known that you had some time on type so to speak. And yes others that went for the sim ride without completing the MCC on the jet type struggled. Many were overawed.

Maybe a TRE will notice and maybe they won't. In this day and age of advanced PC sims many folks can fly a FD bar read a PFD and twiddle an FCU as second nature. They are looking for your ability to be trained and to fit into their operation. Each and every operator will have a different slant on what this entails. You can surmise all you want about what the theoretical TRE is looking for but in reality you will never know. Some of it will simply depend on who you are competing with on the day and other days it will depend on how desperate they are to get bums on seats. All you can do is to go in well prepared and motivated and give it your best shot. If you get the chance to have a debrief then be brutually honest about all your failings and what went well and hope for the best. You can't blag a sim ride.