PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - PM flags major naval build-up
View Single Post
Old 10th Sep 2008, 11:41
teresa green

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Seems to me, if you want to invade a country like this, wiping out the massive power grids is all you have to do. Forget the three services, what the hell are they going to do when there is no power hence no computers etc. Batteries only last so long.......... Though why anybody wants to invade such a large country that is mostly uninhabital anyway escapes me, the Japanese gave up the idea in 44, and I imagine most other countries would think the same, other than nicking off with mining and fishing resourses ( and perhaps the Melbourne Cup) I don't really think we need to loose to much sleep, worrying about the Asians sneaking thru DRW in the middle of the night! This Asian invasion stuff has been going on since Pontius was a Pilot, and makes great vote getting stuff, if the pollies feel things are not going to well. Great idea for more subs, when they cannot get crews for the ones they have! This not a reflection on serving members, just on the silliness of trying to protect a country that is basically unprotectable, with resourses we dont have, and not likely to. We would once more have to turn to the country most hated by the loony left, the US of A, bleeting for help, keep our services as they are, and put the rest of the money into the kids cancer wards, that will be a far better investment.