PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Possible Bad news for Sunwing
View Single Post
Old 9th Sep 2008, 22:08
Willie Everlearn

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
WJA Pilot
...assuming you're at WJA...I'm not looking to offend anyone with my remarks in this thread. A personal apology if I did.

However, I can assure you, I've been flying long enough to know 'arrogance' is not my M.O. (some of my short posts may suggest otherwise, sorry about that) If I want to tangle with anyone on this forum, there will be no doubts when I let fly.

WJA has had a great quarter.
WJA has a good management team.
WJA has a great group of employees.
WJA is good at what they do.
That puts them in the same basket as a good many other LCCs. PeoplExpress comes to mind, to mention just one. (maybe you're thinkin' Southwest? Different market, different population, different demigraphic to WJA altogether)

You should know however, there are no guarantees of a tomorrow for WJA, or any other carrier for that matter. No surprise in that statement. That's not arrogance as much as it is obvious. It's airline reality. Even in the great white north. Even in the great province of Oilberta. Margins at WJA are what they are. Thin. Passengers, whether or not you've been paying attention, are fed up with getting hosed by CATSA, GC, TC and Fuel surcharges, it ain't going to work much longer.

(by the way, I'm not making this up)

If you TRULY are a pilot with WJA, make sure you stay tuned to WJA performance. Don't fall asleep at the switch and continued success.

Willie
"Lord of the Flys"

Last edited by Willie Everlearn; 9th Sep 2008 at 22:22.