PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Arrogant posters
View Single Post
Old 9th Sep 2008, 18:58
Wireless

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mmmm. Regarding getting through the net character wise. I agree to a certain extent that's true in lots of walks of life. However...

The Airline Industry is an odd fish. The Industry is one of the most tested and regulated there is. More so by far than the medical profession, if you believe what they teach you every year in CRM! Now. I'm not just talking about Pilot procedural, flying and Emergency training. We're assessed, in action, on line flights in EVERY ASPECT. Including how we act as personnel representing the position we hold within the company under public gaze. There's no faking this, even outside a line check. Sooner or later, any crew member who gives gives cause for concern about how they carry themselves during work, be it safety related or simply how they act around the paying passengers, will be picked up on. If not during a check flight then because any crew member worth his salt who has a genuine concern about someone will express it. It is the culture we work in, and it works. I'm proud of how flippin' good this industry is of looking at itself in an almost obsessive introspective way. So, yes, as humans the Character side will show and there will be lapses. E.G, the skipper talking during the demo, but I bet that skipper although he made a mistake in setting a bad example, will certainly be heavily checked and examined and will be ready when it comes to the crunch to take care if anything untoward happens.