PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Growing Evidence That The Upturn Is Upon Us
Old 8th Sep 2008, 16:38
Wee Weasley Welshman

Received 206 Likes on 73 Posts
Rex, if I could remind you of a conversation we were having on 11th Nov 2007 about the job market:

I said:

Self funded non sponsored training looks unappealing at this point.

You said:

Well yeah that may be true, but what do you expect people to do? Give up on their dreams of becoming pilots just because raising the money might be a little bit risky and difficult?

WWW I'm not sure quite why you're so negative towards the idea of taking out a loan. Have you been burnt in the past? To me, aviation will keep on growing unless there is a massive slump in the economy and, for all the problems at this current time that is unlikely to happen.

You went on to say on the 13th at 10.54

I beg to differ, the possibility of a recession is a RUMOUR! And it is also in the NEWS. So why then does that not constitute rumours and news exactly?

My point made at 10.57 on the 13th Nov was:

Well, you think oil at $100 a barrel, a North American recession and 1.47 Euro to the Dollar isn't going to have a negative impact on the European airline industry, and I think it will.

I think the record shows I did call the situation correctly and you didn't. But this isn't a competition. Its just a bit rich to be called a sheep when in fact I was the boy repeatedly shouting Wolf!

WW