PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Arrogant posters
View Single Post
Old 8th Sep 2008, 09:20
Wireless

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
"I feel there is a difference between "telling it like it is" and abusive and derogatory language."

Hi Machino61.

Would you be able to give an example?

I can honestly say that as far as I can see, all the friends, collegues and fellow Pilots I've flown with hold professional pride in the highest regard. From my own experience, the crew I've flown with really value every single person that gets on board in so much as their safety (which is our job granted) and their custom. It's a bit cutting to assume that if you have had a direct response to a question on this forum, then we are all a bunch of cowboys in the flight deck. I would imagine than any genuine well meaning question would receive such a response so long as a disagreement didn't take place whether you're a passenger or not. Just remember this is an Industry Forum not an official Airline Public enquiry website, where although all are welcome, an honest and open viewpoint can be expressed. It's part of the attraction of the site. It's the online equivalent of walking into an airline crew room at the end of the eve after everyone's done 6 sectors

As a comparison, I know of several cases where public have spoken to flight crew as if they were dirt under their shoes. Most crew sigh, take it in their stride and accept that it's a product of today's consumer market. I suspect that today's low cost market has driven the attitude the general public has of air travel down, owing to the fact they are treated like cattle by said airlines.

Last edited by Wireless; 8th Sep 2008 at 09:37.