PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Arrogant posters
View Single Post
Old 8th Sep 2008, 09:04
west lakes
Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Does anyone else among the passengers here share my concern at a few (certainly not all) of the pilots posting here?
Not particulary, looking at passenger behaviour on some flights (mostly by a minority) and some unthought out comments by others.

Their dismissive comments about passengers being "idiots" and "not fit for the gene pool" for example
I often see reasonable responses by pilots (and cabin crew) that are countered by insults by passengers, if the pilots (and cabin crew) don't agree.

Is it a good idea to have such contempt for those who pay your wages
Just because an individual contributes towards someones wages, it does not automatically mean that individual is right.
I work in a service industry, where the above correlation regarding my wages is used, in similar circumstances the customer is usually correct in about 10% of disputes. In fact in a lot of circumstances if we were to "do what the customer wants" we would be breaking the law.

Nor do individuals have the right to speak on others behalfs. If I have a concern I will raise it on my own behalf.

(and this is what really worries me) do these pilots take the attitude of "I am a genius who can do no wrong" into the cockpit with them? Now that, for me, is a really scary thought
This assumes that the persona evident on this forum is the same as that in their normal working situation. I don't think that, in a lot of cases, this is the case

As these are anonymous forums the origins of the contributions may be opposite to what may be apparent.