PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - No more night flights
View Single Post
Old 7th Sep 2008, 18:49
havoc

Received 38 Likes on 16 Posts
Thanks for the feedback

The pilots are currently working at bases that are short pilots. AMC said they will give them priority on positions they would like to bid on.

SASLess, 127 flights that the RW could not go on because the night team was out on a FW flight. Add on 34 for weather turn downs and 8 missed for maintenance and being out of service during checkrides/training. In a ideal world that would have put the RW over 500 flights in addition to the 450+ FW flights.

I always look for sound advice from you SASLess and you have not failed me this time....THANKS

AMC has asked to buy the FW and run the program as a community based service. Interest from the hospital is only peaked at times when unforeseen costs arise.

RN..the pilots (not just our program) have been proactive on issues flying in MT. I can understand the comment about why ask the flight dept when they are the problem. I still get a chuckle when thinking about the MD that called me after turning down a flight when the wx was 100 1/4 fog at KBIL. He was insistent that I could fly because he had just driven in from the out lying hospital with no problems. Its all perspective and making informed decisions.

I agree that the US EMS system is broke, IMHO.... AAMS, ASTNA, NEMSPA, CAMTS, IAFP need to merge and be one voice for the industry. If nothing else get all the membership $$ going to one place, makes for a great AMTC party.

AMC, PHI, AEL, Omni, etc...need to step up also.

CG...if the hospital ever does scene work training will be a major major priority. Rule of thumb for me and it did not fail me a few weeks ago working in Wisconson, All roads have wires and Fireman never look up.