PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Growing Evidence That The Upturn Is Upon Us
Old 5th Sep 2008, 14:29
nich-av

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
EZY shares have crashed by more than half so the strategy you believe they have clearly isn't good. RYR the same and both top bosses saying there is a disaster afoot!
Airline share prices have nothing to do with cockpit job numbers, it has been said a dozen times here and I hope that peope will understand that.

I am with SVOA on this one.
Be smart and flexible, have common sense.

I am personally against airlines hiring 250 hour people for big jet jobs simply because when you come out of fast track integrated training, you come out with the illusion that you are a safe pilot. You can not be a safe pilot when you have never been given the chance to challenge yourself and to get to know your own limits.

Ideally I'd say, start with 250 hours, instruct or take a small turboprop (king air) job for 1 year and a half, then small jet job (Citation) for 1 year, then regional jet job (ERJ's/Avro/CRJ), then A320/B737 for a couple of years and finally widebody.

In the U.S. it works like this, and it is working very well.
There's no American version of Pprune where American pilots cry about their miseries simply because many people find smaller corporate jet jobs locally and understand that if they want to get the chance of flying a jet for an airline one day, they need to work hard instructing or doing a little job. The reward is that US airlines pay TR's for the pilots they hire.

Young American pilots earn their ways up.
Europeans pilots are buying their ways up.