PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Why YOU should join the AOA!
View Single Post
Old 5th Sep 2008, 00:56
Hellenic aviator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Slapfaan

Ok lads, I'm sure most of you are aware of this, so this one is for those that were not aware....NC, correct me if I am wrong (being an ex-GC representative - or unless the Company has changed it's methods of negotiation)...

I spoke with PV, our No:2 on the GC regarding negotiations, in particular, I asked why doesn't the AOA use solely professional negotiators and lawyers to act on behalf of the membership instead of the GC reps doing all the talking and was told that neither our DFO nor our GMA recognise either (professional negotiators or lawyers) as authorised representatives for the pilot group. PV explained that even when JF is sitting in on the negotiations, if he (JF) disagrees with anything pertaining to legality, he cannot just open his mouth and say something - he needs to look at PV, ask him to stop the negotiations and step out for a few minutes to discuss things privately.

Doing things such as
a couple of "..we DEMAND.." letters should be send to CX..with a friendly but stern "..if you don't comply,we WILL strike!!"

That should get their attention
will just add fuel to the fire that we are trying to harness rather than stamp out.