PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Why YOU should join the AOA!
View Single Post
Old 4th Sep 2008, 12:32
Numero Crunchero

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
IluvPx,
I am curious - why are you so anti AOA? To continue your religious metaphor, does an Atheist go around loudly condemning those with religious belief because God let the Atheist down in the past?

Of nearly all the bad things that have happened over my 16 years here I can't think of a single one that was caused by the AOA. CX introduced B scales, CX put a new contract in my mailbox in 94, CX created ASL in 96, CX degraded medical for new joiners from Jun96 onwards, CX said 'sign or be fired' to half of us in 99, CX fired 49 of our colleagues in 2001, CX failed to give payrises to B scalers for 6 out of the last 7 years, CX forced the end of the FACA, CX reintegrated(badly) the KA freighters, CX has recruited de facto DECs, CX has offered salary/conditions below normal parsimonius standards to ex O8 and then loudly proclaimed themselves as 'saviours' for reemploying them.

Now A scalers, B scalers, ASL employees, Freighter pilots, KA pilots, DEFOs and ex oasis pilots have caused - wait for it - none of our problems.

The AOA is merely the representative group for just over half the pilots - IluvPX, if you have really given up on CX and the AOA then I don't blame you for wanting to save the 1.25% in subs. I don't know why but I haven't given up yet - and I honestly do believe that we can make a difference....with support from the pilot body!!!!

I can't remember who said it, but a great saying I have heard "If you believe you can't change anything, you can't!"