PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Why YOU should join the AOA!
View Single Post
Old 4th Sep 2008, 11:29
main_dog

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The "AOA" is starting to sound like some sort of religion...
No mate, you've got it the wrong way around... it is YOU who is making it sound like a sort of religion, some sort of unreachable, untouchable and unchangeable entity; a tiger that will never lose its stripes as it were. It will remain so until YOU join and make a difference! Urge your like-minded mates to join as well! If you don't like the direction the AOA or the company is taking then don't sit and whine on the sidelines, join up and try to push it in the direction you want!

ONLY if you are a member do you get a say: a vote, the chance to email your GC representative and voice concerns.

youre saying that we should all discount the prior history of failure in the AOA, join up and take it on FAITH that things will get better?!?!
That's like an american voter saying that since the democratic party was once in favour of slavery, he will never vote democrat again... organizations CHANGE mate, especially democratically elected ones! You can't just sit and sulk forever because one or two General Councils and presidents ago they did something you didn't like! You should join not on the faith that it will change but in order to MAKE it change!

You certainly can't beat them, so join them!

I may be a little extreme, but in my opinion if you do not make the effort and accept the (rather small) financial cost of being a member of the only group the airline will negotiate with, then you have NO RIGHT TO WHINGE ABOUT CURRENT CONDITIONS.

Oh boy, I was ranting again.