PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ba, Lcy-jfk
Thread: Ba, Lcy-jfk
View Single Post
Old 4th Sep 2008, 10:54
Matt101

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Marlowe fair enough but your language suggests something different like I said before I think cityflyer is a lovely little operation that does the brand proud actually if you had gotten the route yes I would have been somewhat disapponted but I was actually expecting your fleet to get it. I said as much before. All I'm pointing out is you seem to suggest we shouldn't be doing it for some reason.

These forums are a pain in they have no tone of voice so I think here is some misunderstanding going on.

At the moment be company feel that Gatwick fleet should operate the cabin service but it may change in the future.

Equally I'd like to see things improve for you guys at cityflyer. Good union arrangements may seem like a barrier for the company sometimes esp with some unions brig somewhat millitant but when relationships are good they can be beneficial

Also FWIW lgw crew's only allowance is a 2.40 an hour flight pay on a basic which is lower than cityflyers and our overtime wouldn't be triggered on this route so we are only about 60p an hour more expensive in the scheme of things yet we require no additional training to operate this route. Also fwiw the club world service does require a bit of getting used to as I learnt when
moving from lhr to lgw's new fleet.

Anyway lucky you win blue eyes mine actually are green

Best,

Matt k