PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Why YOU should join the AOA!
View Single Post
Old 4th Sep 2008, 10:39
CokeZero

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
In response to joining the AOA.

First and foremost they have to entice me to join.

How???

Well what do they offer? Are they a good investment? After all I am putting my money into an association that is supposed to look after my interests. So I ask the question "Do they look after my interests?"

What are they prepared to do? What am I prepared to do for them in return?

In business I look for results. Plain and simple. If you don't perform them I look elsewhere. However with the AOA there is nowhere else to look, so this is hard.

I also look at the facts

1. Unions are legal.
2. Unions in HK have no legal grounds to do anything.

So where does that leave us?

Good question!

What has the AOA done to show me that they represent my views, listen to my opinion and would represent me if needed?

I will not answer that question here but if does promote some serious discussion.

I have watched the youtube video and listened to my fellow pilots but I am still sitting on the fence. You have not shown me why I should join the union.

Even with 56% of the pilot body behind you, what are you doing to show" just cause" to why I should join the union?

I know the unions up here in HK have no legal ground to stand upon to fight CX but please... please show some balls and listen to your members and attempt to resolve their issues.

Even with member number just above the 50% mark you can't sit back and claim that you don't have enough members. Be active and engage the management. Don't go into every battle claiming that you won't win, go into battle to protest the unjust. Go into battle to stand up for your members.

Doing this would entice me to join the AOA. Until then.. I will sit and watch you.....

At the moment I would rather join the Watsons' Water workers. At least they get their payrise!