PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - A Country Fit for Heroes
View Single Post
Old 4th Sep 2008, 10:16
BEagle

Received 271 Likes on 110 Posts
Quite outrageous and I hope that this awful place will be publically humiliated.

A pity it isn't Germany in pre-BAOR 'Occupation' times....

One fine day, a thirsty group of British servicemen went into a Gasthof and received a frosty reception "Ve do not serve Army in zis bar!".

Whereupon they left without saying anything. Now, most people would be distinctly worried by this, but not the barman. Until, that is a squealing and screeching noise, followed by a whirring sound was noted. The group were a tank crew, and they had brought their vehicle to 'say hello'. The turret rotated and the barrel broke the bar window, causing the occupants to leg it sharpish. "One round, blank, load!" (or similar) "Fire!". And with an almighty BANG, every last piece of glass in the bar shattered.

"Well, it seems you don't serve f*cking anyone in this bar now, do you Fritz?" was the parting comment!

What a shame that similar treatment cannot be meted out to this 'hotel'.

When my brother was a student in London, he and his friends were asked to leave the pub they were in as "We don't like students"..... So, a few days later, affecting an Irish accent he booked the whole pub for the entire night for the London Irish Rugby Supporters' Club.

I'd loved to have seen their faces when no-one turned up and they lost a whole night's trade....