PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ba, Lcy-jfk
Thread: Ba, Lcy-jfk
View Single Post
Old 4th Sep 2008, 08:58
marlowe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well thank you FF i am not trying to be provocative to Glamgirl ,jetset and Matt101 and i am not anti mainline, but what these guys have on their doorstep is their own openskies dilemma .Cityflyer has no union agrements in place and no scheduling agreements either, they use cap371 as their basis,unfortunatley this gives the crews very limited protection in day to day operational use unfortunate for them, but good from the company point of view. Now my point is because of this situation it makes the Cityflyer crews flexible and lets face it cheap to use, again i am not anti union either and i would like to see a union in Cityflyer but this is just not happening at the moment hopefully this will change in the future. Ok Glamgirl etc etc how would you have reacted if the announcement had been that Cityflyer had been given the route? would you have spoken to your union rep about it? kicked up a fuss ? dont blame you if you had ,i would have in your place, but your union could have done nothing about it because BA have Cityflyer outside of union control at the moment, it would have been your unions fault for letting the route slip away from you guys but what could they have done ? You have to realise you have a sizeable workforce on your doorstep that are cheap to use on routes like JFK with none of the old union agreements in place and no old working practices, again from a company point of view a dream scenario for them. If i was LHR/LGW crew i would want my union to be getting Cityflyer unionised to stop them from undermining my current terms and conditions and working practices otherwise you could find that Cityflyer become your trojan horse. Glamgirl ask around some of your workmates who have come from the regions over the last coupla years and ask them about BAConnect, oh be prepared to duck as well cos you will probably get an angry reaction. BAConnect was the the regions trojan horse the tool used to break that up. BACityflyer is what is left of that company the bit that didnt get flogged to Flymaybe.

Last edited by marlowe; 4th Sep 2008 at 09:52.