PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Tamworth ILS and Class D
View Single Post
Old 4th Sep 2008, 05:56
Gearup2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Can’t thank you guys enough for all your help and advice!

It wasn’t as hard as I thought it would be, At MSO I was asked to contact the tower they either knew I was doing an IR test or they are just generally helpful guys!! Approaching 30 DME they asked me whether I would like a direct track to bradd or join overhead the field. The ATO told me I was to request the back course and join overhead. So I joined overhead made the aproiate sector entry and conducted 1 holding pattern. Once on the inbound leg the tower cleared me for the back course and to report in the procedure turn! Commenced the back course and the produce turn all to a good standard Once established I was told to report at the outer marker, then the ATO gave me the engine failure (right engine) completed the checks and set Zero trust. I then went to cycle the gear down and their was no noise no extra drag and no three greens!!! Um……… The ATO pulled the gear CB’s popped them back in and presto three greens continued the approach to the DA and held the CDI & GS like a prefect cross the whole way down.

The NDB and VOR app also went pretty well so I am a fresh ME IR rated pilot ….scary!! I can hang up my tools as a tradiee and go searching for that first job!

Thanks again guys for all the explanations and tips helped a lot with my planning. The guys in the tower were awesome very helpul and polite! Not like the monkeys I am use to around BK way! Big Thumbs Up