PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - How many Fo's will resign if GF hires DEC?
Old 3rd Sep 2008, 18:41
Sal-e

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You will find that you were the rude ones with comments against the soon to depart GF Omanis, like;

"..then they might gain some respect/credibility and acceptance..", and

"Prima Donnas", and

"The GF 16's present selfish "I'm alright Jack" attitude is very damaging, unhealthy and unwelcome in the Professional Pilot community as a whole.
The GF 16 should be ashamed to call themselves Pilots !!!", and

....need I add more?

If anything, the return of the Omani pilots will increase the conditions of everyone there! You should be thanking them for that!

If skipping the seniority is your worry, I will say one more time. Oman was a partner with GF, hence the numerous Omanis at Bahrain in all capacities. When Oman pulled out (quite abruptly, I might add), they left behind a lot of senior Omani pilots. Oman would now like them back with WY with their seniority intact because of their many years of service for Oman at GF.

As the IB57 said, get over it and stop pissing into the fan.

Going back to the topic of this thread, I don't think many F/Os will leave GF if DECs are introduced.
All of the DECs will be for the A330 and A340. I think that will be inevitable eventually if GF continues with it's growth plans beyond 2010.
What I think will happen to the A320 guys is,
1. upgrades to the left seat of the A320 to those who meet the command requirements,
2. those without continue to the A330/340s as F/Os,
3. senior F/Os from the A330/340s get command upgrades on the A320.

Just speculating, yet to be seen.