PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - T5 is working
Thread: T5 is working
View Single Post
Old 3rd Sep 2008, 15:39
k3lvc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
When 'disaster' strikes (i.e. heavy storms that cause cancellations), it's EVERY HAND ON DECK, from managers downwards (or at least that's what I've been led to believe in the past).
This is exactly my point - it did not happen. Sure there were loads of people wandering round looking important but not much action (esp from the dragon who yelled at one challenging passenger that the delay was about to extend as most of the staff would be going home at 9pm - sorry luv but if you worked for me you'd have been sacked on the spot).

They (BA) had an opportunity to show that lessons had been learnt and world class service was now the norm and IMHO they failed. I'm not flying with a lo-cost operator, I'm flying with BA, our national carrier who I expect to treat me with a little respect.

One interesting note is that whilst this was going on there were 5 (presumably agency) staff twiddling their thumbs doing the liquid checks pre-security. Now how about some real innovative thinking that if there are no pax passing through security (cos there are no flights) they are redeployed in some way to assist the 1,000 milling around in the check in area.