PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Monarch 250 descent
View Single Post
Old 3rd Sep 2008, 11:32
Boingboingdriver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ITSAJOB...what planet are you from??read and read again the post from baelzebub..he clearly explained you everything...
If everyone is starting to accelerate or reduce speed because of suspected traffic behind or in front...where are we going???
If you suspect an aircraft going to same destination, airmanship would be to tell ATC that your descent is scheduled to be 250 kts at crossoverspeed altitude.That will tell the guy behind a clue and ATC a heads up about possible seperation later on during descent.....
Concerning later configuration i follow the speeds ATC asks during intermediate approaches unless requested to follow standard jepps speeds..ie 180-200 base and 160 to 4 miles...In VMC i configure from 160 kts at 4miles...gear and remaining flaps at 3 miles(1000 ARTE) so that at 500 AGL i have thrust in .on speed and checklist completed.In IMC..180 to 2000 ARTE,configure and established on speed at 1000AGL....if required to maintain 180 kts i configure at 1500AGL and established at 500 AGL(no headwind /no tail wind)......

CHEEKYVISUAL..i seriously doubt you entered holding because of the preceding aircraft was doing 250......dude if you see you are closing on an aircraft...you can inquire atc too...if you should reduce..I know spain is not UK or Netherlands ATC but come on..they still know about seperation..
I remember a pilot complaining to ATC coming into poland that i didnt reduce the speed as requested by atc for seperation.He was checking his TCAS and didnt see any increase in seperation...that was funny using tcas for that matter...I asked ATC to write a letter about my sped compliance,,,oh yes pilot complaining was from the same company;-)
ATC wrote a nice mail saying that adequate seperation was maintained at all times......SO please trust ATC a bit more..they have radar,seperation trends....lots of tools..that we dont have...only tcas..which is good ONLY if you get TOO close to argue with ATC;-)

Now im done....it seems only Bealzebub,BOAC and Ad astraeus make sense in this forum..

Last edited by Boingboingdriver; 3rd Sep 2008 at 12:06.