PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ba, Lcy-jfk
Thread: Ba, Lcy-jfk
View Single Post
Old 3rd Sep 2008, 08:06
marlowe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The thing is Glamgirl you guys at mainline always thing that your contracts and terms and conditions and union agreements are going to protect you from future changes in the company, we are entering a changing future in the airline industry. If you take Cityflyer you have crew on lesser terms and conditions than mainline who are doing exactly the same job as you are, now if i was you i would be looking on this as a potential threat to my future terms and conditions at BA . The Cityflyer crews deal with as many gold card members in a week as you guys do, infact i would hazard a guess and say on some flights we do more than you. we do this under tighter constraints than you as well, we dont have the luxury of long cruise times. If you were an accountant looking at the new LCY/JFK route from your plush BA office would you want to be nightstopping crews in LCY the night before the trip then again in SNN and then again in JFK ? Or would you be looking for a way to keep the costs as low as possible on this route? Would you allow some old outdated agreements to get in the way of saving money? I think not . BAcityflyer as it stands, has NO union agreements in place at the moment hasnt had any for the 18 months its been in existance BA has been able to do what it likes with no union interference. So tell me what crew would you use Glamgirl if you were looking to crew this route ? A crew thats gonna hide behind agreements and cost a lot of money to run the route or a crew thats already in place with experience in serving high end customers with no union constraints to bog it down and all you have to do is give it a tiny bit more training that amounts to peanuts on cost . All your agreements didnt stop BA crewing Openskies with American based cabin crew did it?