PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - How do ab-initio graduates afford SSTR programmes e.g. with Ryanair?
Old 2nd Sep 2008, 18:21
ghost_rider20

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It's all tit for tat!! And it really bugs me.

As has already been stated, do your own thing, get on with it and focus on getting what 'YOU' really want!! (don't get too involved in other peoples business).

Each to their own, we are all humans, we are all different.. All this Modular vs. Intergrated is like a bloody war.. I know there are pros and cons with both path's, but some of the post's I have to read and laugh at, very childish for aspiring professional pilots!

Do what make's you happy and persevere, study hard and you will get there eventually! Whether it be flying 'A cargo plane full of rubber dog**** outta hong kong', Air taxi work, flying turboprops, jets, whatever it is! You have to start at the bottom and work your way to the top, and if you get a jet job straight away, then well done and appreciate/enjoy it!

I can't understand people though who turn down any flying job they get offered as it's a start (regardless of money etc, if it's not great, then so what, it's better than no job, surely? Wouldn't you rather be flying, I know what my answer is).

Some people I think definately need to look at the bigger picture.

A couple more points here:

One of my old instructors is a Training Capt for BA...earns a six figure salary each year! He started as an air taxi pilot, did so much other flying stuff too before he started flying jet's.

Another friend whose parent's could have quite easily wrote a cheque out for however much he needed for the training and a type rating told him if he wanted to do it, he would do it and fund it without their financial assistance! He done it, got a loan through HSBC, went to NZ with CTC, he is now a Senior F/O with EJ.

Good luck to everyone on the long hard road to becoming a commercial pilot.

Lee