PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Collective Colour Vision Thread 3
View Single Post
Old 2nd Sep 2008, 12:51
2close

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sorry AMEandPPL,

I cannot agree that the CAD Test is a fair and practical aviation based test.

It is as relevant to aviation as fishing nets are to parachuting.

It is nothing more than a test aimed at academically identifying whether someone has a CVD or not and it may be very good at doing that but the fact remains that it has no relevance to actual flying abilities.

There has been absolutely no correlation whatsoever between performance on the test and practical flying performance. Not one test has been conducted outside the examination room.

Does this sound like a really professionally conducted study?......I think not.

To my mind, the CAD Test is and always has been nothing more than a tool for certain individuals to gain adademic qualfication and professional accolade amongst similar minded 'defenders of the standard'. It is yet another tool for them to protect their empires (and their pensions)

Regardless of whether they introduce it or not, the fact still remains, this issue is still discrimination.

Sorry to pull the soap-box back out but this issue really annoys me. I have never desired and do not want an airline career and in all probability it would be too late for me to do so in any case. I am infuriated though that career aspirations are denied to thousands of young men throughout the world on a daily basis by a VERY small group of individuals who hide behind convoluted academic data, quoting an unsustainable flight safety argument whilst at the same time refusing to accept the mathematical statistical FACTS from the USA, Canada and Australia which clearly disprove their weak argument.

And what is more, they do not even have the moral fibre to stand up and argue the point........I wonder why? Any ideas, folks?

Back under stone.

2close