PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin Blue Cabin Crew EBA
View Single Post
Old 2nd Sep 2008, 11:40
cargoattendant

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DJCCGUY

Oh yes dear we are on the same page, in fact the same sentance on that page.

What everyone wants is an EBA that is close to the one that is oh so expired. Crew are happy at the moment (compared to what they could be with a crappy new one)
The FAAA at the moment, can be the same as you and me. They do not have an authority. Yes it's the same old story!
They simply write to us, it's almost as if they have an automatic email that goes out supposedly "reassuring" us.
I'm prepared to take a Gordon Ramsey approach but I can tell you, someone has just joined us who can contribute (hopefully)
We need all the help we can get so anyone you know would be helpful.
I'm not sure about the advertised JOBWATCH. Perhaps you can approach them, I might give them a go too. Afterall, we are not getting proper representation and we deserve the conditions and wages that we are getting at the moment.

In addition:

Who would want

* Crew becoming so bitter and twisted and angry that safety standards start to slip & service standards become almost none. Company starts to notice that slides are being deployed, aircraft cleanliness is compromised which pax are not impressed with (and in turn we start to be seen more as a low cost, rather than new world airline)
* Crew becoming fatigued that the company starts to notice crew becoming agitated and angry, having car accidents or similar incidents at home where they cannot work for long periods of time due to increaased periods of fatigue. (Ie I get home and I'm so fatigued that I break my arm/leg because I am so fatigued)
* Crew illness becoming more common as available days after the new proposed 10 hour min rest at home becomes real and they are rendered sick on call because of fatigue. Who here is a robot? Yes you may be able to fulfil that duty, but give it 6 days in a row then on the 6th day, you may not answer your phone which will put u up sh*t street for not answering your phone!

Last edited by cargoattendant; 2nd Sep 2008 at 12:04.