PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin Blue Cabin Crew EBA
View Single Post
Old 2nd Sep 2008, 11:21
cargoattendant

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It is in my opinion the FAAA have never helped me in the past. They just rolled their eyes at me and had no balls when I had a problem.
I am considering a membership with the FAAA but like in the past, I'm hesitant as they failed me last time what makes them so good now?

I am only considering membership because I do not want the EBA to turn out like the last one or you like you say, letting V Australia team become part of our domestic work route, us working longer hours and less overnights. Things like this will only bring on a cheaper workforce which in turn leads to our guests become frustrated and more complaints against cabin staff who are rude, dishonest etc due to company constraints and dissatisfaction.
Jetstar for example, cut their wages and conditions and managed to only get asian crew who were interested. These asian crew usually work for less money and conditions that we will, however even these crew have rejected the conditions and simply fly to Australia from BKK base, and never come back! Or Australian based crew who would just leave, the entitlements they had were none, so they just left. The Jetstar employee turnover is sky high! I hope that Virgin does not go down this track.

The fact that Virgin can apply to the IRC if we reject one more EBA is ridiculous but true. They can simply put out a crappy EBA, we reject it then they go to the IRC and tell them that we are holding them back as a progressing company. Then a workplace agreement can be put in place or similar. Something potentially worse than what was put out in the first place.
Virgin Blue is one of the best employers in Australia, I seriously hope they don't move to cost cutting strategies which will affect the enthuasiatic approach of current cabin crew members to become bitter and twisted.