PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Working for Airservices Australia, the safety based organisation
Old 2nd Sep 2008, 10:06
DirtyPierre

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ok, if a strike or stop work is not your preferred course of action and people are frightened of retribution, then use the media.
I wish I was young enough to know everything like you mate! You obviously haven't been watching. It is in the media, daily, weekly and on TV. Sorry it hasn't been on Today Tonight or other lamo hard hitting current affairs programs hosted by someone chosen for their looks rather than any sort of journalistic integrity, just the 7>30 report, but the media can't be controlled like that.

Oh by the way, fear of retribution for illegal industrial action? I don't know about you mate, but a huge fine and prison are not in my monthly domestic budget.

Put someting in writing to your local fed minister
Been done!

Its not about 'having the balls' - it is about being smart.
Absolutely and positively. spot on direct.no.speed. The media has in the past used posts from this forum to misrepresent the issue.

If ATC's took industrial action NOW then the full story would inevitably come out. Management greed, incompetence and the staggering lies would be exposed.
And they would be in court the next day. The world doesn't work like that, and controllers are far more intelligent to take such rash and irresponsible action.

The controllers union is handlingly the current professional, technical and industrial issues very well. We have a new President and Management team who have brains the size of planets and a strategy to ensure the controllers get what they truly deserve.

The journey, however, will be a hard one.