PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - T5 is working
Thread: T5 is working
View Single Post
Old 1st Sep 2008, 18:18
k3lvc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry T5 isn't working

I'm hoping it's now got to the stage (5 months since opening) where we can openly discuss the place.

Despite having first visited the place when it was all 'hard hats and ladders' my first departure from there wasn't until BA738 on 10th August. Mission aborted at the last minute due to the ATC Tower Fire (alarm ?) - I considered this to be exceptional circumstances and accepted BA's handling despite it taking over 2 hours from the cancellation announcement to getting on the Hoppa to the Renaissance. Some humour was added to the proceedings by being 'dealt with' by Jeremy Spake.

24th August BA738 - all worked fine - see T5 is working

31st August BA738 - exact rerun of 10th August but no excuse given this time - do BA not know how to deal with customers A few cancelled flights led to c.1,000 people milling around in the check in area being watched by officious oafs with clipboards whilst most of the Customer Service desks remained unmanned. Again 2 hours from cancellation to leaving the building and amazed the police didn't end up being called to deal with the unhappy, kept in the dark, fare paying CUSTOMERS.

I've been supportive of both the place and the companies involved but enough is enough - I may have had bad luck but a 33% success factor is not good enough - time to try LCY-GVA and watch BA sink gracefully.

Last edited by k3lvc; 2nd Sep 2008 at 10:48.