PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Censorship
Thread: Censorship
View Single Post
Old 1st Sep 2008, 15:55
javelin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The very professional people who work in the emergency services deserve to be applauded.

Now.....................

You only have so many resources, you have to prioritise things and you should despatch services appropriately.

As a commercial and private pilot I understand the stresses involved when an aeroplane is involved in an accident or incident.

This particular incident involved a 2 seat light aeroplane, on an airfield, with no fire and - as I understand - it was established that the people had left the aeroplane.

So, you need 1 ambulance, 1 police car and the other services on a standby.

Imagine what would have happened if a serious bus crash or house fire had occurred during the response to this incident ? The services would have been stretched and would probably not been able to attend.

Just because the word 'AEROPLANE' is mentioned, the world seems to descend into pandelirium

It comes down to common sense - I am 50, I have survived so far despite my best attempts at times to interfere, this would not have happened 10 years ago, however I wonder whether in this litigious, nanny society we live in, things have changed irreparably.