PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emergency Landing NW Victoria
View Single Post
Old 1st Sep 2008, 13:47
ForkTailedDrKiller

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
working anything out b4 hand in yr head is fine in the real world but we don't often live in the real world now do we buddy?
Wally, I have spent a lot of time over the last 35 yrs thinking through senarios. That's why the original Crash Comic was so useful and so sorely missed (and the current one such complete crap). You could work through, "What if I found myself in that situation"?

It has kept me safe for 35 years flying in two countries, and saved my hide more times than I care to admit.

I was the low time VFR PPL who flew into IMC - and out again.
I was the new CPL who flew up a valley under a solid overcast with the cloud on the hills either side - and turned around while I still had enough room to do so.
I was the pilot who landed on a road when the fuel guages were both on the red line - and bumbed fuel from a station property.

etc etc etc

If the FTDK's engine ****s itself - its going in with the wheels up, unless there is an obviously clear hard long surface in front of me!

Dr

PS: ..... and I'll post the pics in here while waiting for the SES chopper to come pick me up!

Last edited by ForkTailedDrKiller; 1st Sep 2008 at 13:59.