PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Polar/Atlas The Saga Continues
View Single Post
Old 1st Sep 2008, 13:32
layinlow

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wanting to stay out and having to stay out are two different things. If you want to stay out call the company and ask to stay out, I don't begrudge anyone for that. But to force you to stay out if just plain wrong. People bid according to their needs or wants. The Polar contract is far superior and limits the amount of days allowed to be extended. And when you are required to stay out the company is required to pay 2 hours plus guarantee the first day (6 hrs), 4 hours plus guarantee (8 hrs) the second day and 6 plus guarantee (10 hrs) for the following days, and 12 plus guarantee for anything above 3 days. So although the company can keep you out, it becomes very expensive for them to do so. It forces the company to schedule more efficiently, and is fair to the crew member is working beyond his normal schedule. On the other end, if a person volunteers then there should be no financial penalty to the company either. And although some may think I am not connected to Polar needs to look at the combined seniority list, I do have a say and sent this to the negotiating committee.