PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Merged: QANTAS/ALAEA EBA
View Single Post
Old 31st Aug 2008, 20:16
hadagutfull

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How to fix it.... recruit professionals from overseas to run the joint and pay them well. Guys who have a proven successful history in aircraft maintenance and who have the drive to see where opportunities exist to increase revenue, morale and good will.

Spend the money to train AMES and LAMES on type so we have maximum coverage avail with minimum supervision (and a career path.)

Establish a customer engineering group to handle client airlines and reap maximum revenue. Some extra simple work ie when we did SIA cargo inspections made us a fortune.

Have manpower and parts preloaded for OSIP...and defects. MCC should have the resources to trouble shoot well before mel dates due and have a fix ready instead of relying on the guys to shotgun just to restart the mel clock. How many times have we changed the same part 2 or 3 times cause we dont have the time to troubleshoot and look at history (yes, i know... follow the fim etc, but its not always reliable)

Modify the PPM and AMM to allow for streamlining... so that the guys in line can for example, just kill power to open the cowls (767), instead of locking out leading edges, reversers etc etc... All takes time. which equals dollars

Have the balls to tell these corporate safety people to not treat us like we have had a lobotomy... everything we do in life has an element of risk.... knowing the risk and using common sense and experience will ensure a safe working environment. All these bulletins and read and signs etc.... Next thing you will have me wearing a harness next time i jump on my bathroom scales....

Get rid of this bull about Qantas being our customer, you are my customer, i charge you , you charge me, we charge them, supply chain , bidding for work on our own fleet, .... this segmentation is a cancer... we all work for Qantas.

Get rid of this thing called ACS.... it means nothing. Its down right disrespectful to our profession. It is a name made up by non hands on people to make them fit into the equation.... What about..... "Qantas Engineering- base, line, heavy and support. Covers the lot.

Give us the tools and the leadership to do what we do best and will deliver an on time and quality product every time....

I guess that should fix things a bit.....