PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jet2 - 3
Thread: Jet2 - 3
View Single Post
Old 31st Aug 2008, 09:26
Mr.Brown

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Every airline is out to minimise loss this winter,B.A,RYR,EZY,Flybe etc, so why are suggesting that Jet2.com should not batten down the hatches on all the hard work this summer( i.e profits ) and keep it in the bank ? Are they doing anything that the others aren't ?

Have alook at the BLK, Man and NCL flying programme for the winter, are those bases going to make money?
Manchester for example, quiet a few staff and not too much flying on the cards as yet, and maybe not that much planned as I've heard that some of the engineers can take unpaid leave for the winter.
What about BFS and EDI, not excatly busy for the winter..
They won't be able to keep the profit in the bank, because like alot of other airlines they will have to spend it over the winter, and even some of the previous years profits too.
So,freightdoggy dog, your welcome for the "we're all doomed". How long can an airline that owns all its own aircraft keep them on the ground for? At least if they were leased they could go back to their owners, they are now forced into trying to lease aircraft 20yrs+ old, so they could be competing with the likes of Flightline and European this winter.
Maybe freightdoggy dog, its time to get yourself down to kennel to find a new arse to sniff, because having your nose in the same one for 19years can't be good for you. I've heard it can make you BLIND.