PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Merged: PNG CAA Air Safety: ABC Foreign Correspondent
Old 31st Aug 2008, 04:21
fugitive

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool Fugitive

Sid O`Toole was grilled by the hypocrites from Dept of Transport and the CAA,the very people who are responsible for the current mess.
They will no doubt cancel his visa and sack him as this is their answer to everything .

Mr Kintau says that they will pass the IACO audit.If this happens,then ICAO personnel should be audited and their qualifications checked.

Neither the CAA or the Dept of Transport are functional and may as well shut shop;pardon,they already have.

There are no qualified inspectors in the CAA,by their own requirements anyway and they carry out no checking of any companies operating in PNG.
The people they have are incapable of doing the duties required of them, as the hold no licences and no endorsements on aircraft operating in PNG.

With respect to Patrick from Airlink,what was he doing flying at night? I thought night flying was prohibited, for the very reason he crashed,nowhere to go in an emergency.

There are virtually no serviceable navaids in the country,there are no RFF services anywhere,unreliable weather forcasts and sub standard airports that fail to meet any minimum standards as required by ICAO.

The CAA is an impediment to safety in PNG and until they employ properly qualified people with experience in the country,we will continue to see more of the above.Dept of Transport is the same

I think Sid was wasting his breath,because you can the response as written on the front page of the Nation newspaper.
Kintau and Co says they follow the NZ rules and will no doubt pass the ICAO inspection.
I dont think Joe even knows what is going on in his own department,so blame Sid ,instead of kicking a bit of backside down at 7 mile.

Good luck Sid,but nothing changes except to get worse.